Sunday, May 07, 2006

hurting everytime...

It started so innocently.
I met you and you smiled,
that smile that pierces all defenses.
I was just simply beguiled.

It was like a game, a dance.
Testing strange but tepid waters.
Walking, one cautious step at a time.
Treading not rapids but calm rivers.

Then there was change,
not really unwanted,
but alarming all the same.
The moment is becoming heated.

Then there was that first touch.
A single moment of contact,
your hand upon mine.
I just wasn't sure how to act.

Now we act as if it's perfect,
as if we've know eack other so long.
You own my heart,
there's is no question to whom it belongs.

But one fateful day,
I met him,
the one you said you loved.
It hurt so bad, I wanted to scream!

You two looked so perfect,
so happy, so content.
What have I to tempt you away?
I had to let you go, to simply relent.

Now I am but lost,
my shattered core dissipating into nothingness.
I now hold on to whatever inch of you I can grasp,
longing everytime and hurting nonetheless.

No comments: