Monday, November 19, 2007

four eyes...again...

It might have not been the smartest thing to do but refusing to wear my prescription glasses has finally caught up to me. Where there used to be lenses for farsighted vision, now there are lenses for BOTH farsightedness and nearsightedness. Damn it! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

I can't even describe how loopy it feels to adjust to bifocals. I'm scared of going down flights of stairs...my depth perception is shot to hell. Whatever... The only good thing tha tcame out of this whole ordeal was I got to buy new glasses. I got progressive lenses because I'd die if I got one of those bifocals where you could clearly see where each type of lens ends and where the other one begins...giant EEEEEW!

Now, I just refuse to look down. I still have quite a ways to go before I'm 100% with the lens grade below my field of vision. I seldom use it...only when I read books. It's also nice to know there IS a thing called Computer Screen Syndrome...obviously, I'm a statistic now. I have it, yes and it sucks...BIG TIME!

Where you would usually have a single grade for your prescription lenses. I have effing three grades!!! One for far stuff, one for reading and one for when I'm in front of the PC (which, incidentally is the thing I spend most time on next to sleeping). I almost decided to get the transition ones, which change color with the amount of sunlight or harsh light present, but nah...I didn't the black shade of the thing. Besides, I'm a big fan of sunnies.

No comments: