Wednesday, November 14, 2007

yesiree...blogging away...

It seems like I've been bitten by the blog-bug yet again. I find myself sitting in front of my notebook for longer hours on end these days. I do nothing but surf and play my tunes loud...loud enough to drown out everything I don't want to hear.

I've stopped packing for the meanwhile just because I don't want to have to close my big luggage just yet...I don't think I'm ready for that sense of finality.

In the meanwhile, I've been reading up on Singapore. How rich the country is, how happy the people are, how good the schools are, how high their literacy rate is, how much they spend on their military, how they heavily fine and/or imprison bloggers (on account of "sedition"), how they publicly cane people for sodomy (well, only gay people now since heteros can now legally sodomize the hell out of each other)...wait, I forgot what point I was trying to make.

Oh, I remember...I'M FUCKING SCARED.

Yeah, that's right. At first I was just worried being fined hundreds of bucks for smoking, SO I QUIT; and being fined for litering, WHICH I NEVER DO...but apparently, having an opinion is not THAT welcome in that country either. Hmmm...so what now? I have to open a new account and post boring stuff that would threaten to end my sanity and just post the good stuff everytime I come home...at whopping six month intervals!!! - if I'm lucky...

I think I'll miss democracy more than I'll miss my family. Sure, they tell me it's going to be fine. "Just look at your brother, he's been there for years and nothing bad has ever happened to him." HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT BLOGGING IS!!! Damn it! Blogging is starting to paint me as the black sheep in this family. How fucking crazy is that?!

I just fear ending up saying "MY BROTHER IS NOT A PIG" complete with the Nora Aunor accent before being handed over for the death sentence...it's funny right now but I bet it will be anything BUT when you're there.

No comments: