Friday, August 10, 2007

yes...I am very much alive

It's been a while but I can honestly say I don't miss blogging that much. My life has been running at the pace of a whirlwind these past few weeks and I'm not surprised I haven't been able to do anyhting online for the longest time.

Thing is, my EPEC application was approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) of Singapore which pretty much hits the last nail on the coffin. Yes, I am leaving...when, I'm not so sure. I'm still waiting for the actual certificate to be sent to me via snail mail but I'm in no rush. I've also been busy exchanging emails with my brother since I will be living off of him for a while when I finally pack up and transfer my whole life there. I got the feeling that he's trying to keep me here as long as he can and only wants me to buy a plane ticket when I actually have secured favorable prospects in terms of work. Hmmm...fishy...and here I thought he was going to be head over heels, practically pulling me by the arm to leave already but alas, this is not the case.

I've been busy prettying up my resume just like a friend of mine, Deej, suggested. I'm trying to pack all the punch I can into my resume. After all, your resume is truly the first impression you make to would be employers.

In th social scene, I'm having a little get together tomorrow with some friends. It's sort of a little semi-"despedida" just to make sure I'm able to catch up with some friends before leaving this god forsaken country. It also coincides with my sister's birthday party. She's not adding another year 'til the 13th of course but what the heck...I'm the one who's going to be cooking anyway.

I've also been tutoring recently. I'm helping a high school senior out with his Physics class. To be honest, he's dumb as a rock but who cares...I still get paid anyways.

Recently, I've been noticing another change in my musical tastes. I've been hawking ancient rock albums these past few weeks. I've got Queen, old stuff from Aerosmith, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Who and other similar bands. It's quite interesting seeing my parents "recognize" the tunes blasting from my speakers. I've also been playing old Guns N' Roses tracks non stop, which is quite enjoyable...

We also made a recent family purchase. We bought this big ass Samsung HD LCD TV with all the trinkets that would make it awesome. My sister also got herself a slim fit Samsung TV. So it goes without saying, we love Samsung in our house. I'm actually planning on buying new phone...also from Samsung. Well, I've been lounging around in the sofa area making the most of the new TV...let me tell you, Final Fantasy never looked sooooo damn good! We've recently gone on a shopping spree for DVDs...I've finally gotten my parents off of the pirated wagon and we're now busy hoarding good DVDs from any respectable shop we come across.

I hope to be able to post mor eoften now...

No comments: