Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Fucking Birthday...

I miss the days when I'm actually excited because it's my birthday...not being able to sleep the night before or being bombarded by text messages that flood in at the strike of midnight coming from friends and classmates who want to b e the first to greet you.

Well...I obviously didn't recieve the memo but apparently, those days are long gone.

I woke up at 4:30 AM to start my laundry. Yes, apparently, your dirty clothes won't wash itself even if it's your birthday. Then I got some leftover food from the fridge, nuked it and "et voila!" BREAKFAST! I fire up my notebook to find out my connection's still down (only to find out a few minutes ago that someone had physically disconnected the phone line from my modem!) and decided to just play games on it. My mom comes down a little past six and just asks what I'm doing up: "washing..." "ok...". Then walks into my room again at eigth to tell me she totally forgot it was my birthday. WOW...

I read messages from my sister greeting me. (I love her dearly...) She also told me she was bringing me home some nuggets. (At least she actually got me something I want...). Dad wakes up and greets me. (The only person I don't mind forgetting my birthday.)

I spend most of the day finishing my laundry, up until 1 in the afternoon. Skipped lunch. Then my dad walks in with one of his friends to brag about his huge ass LCD TV. Whatever...

He tells me to go out and buy drinks for him and his company. (Ouch much?!)

I just went out to cool off. I go in, sit and watch a DVD. Not 5 minutes into the film, mom hollers (from the second floor) at me (I'm downstairs) to get the telephone directory (from the third floor!) upstairs. Who wouldn't get mad...HONESTLY?!

I find out she's busy trying to make everything fixed for a cousin of mine who's going to be visiting the country (she lives in Australia). She has the time to worry about that but she's waaaay to busy to even prepare food.

She asks me about an hour ago to go out and buy food because she doesn't want to go out to the market because "she doesn't want to tire me out by asking me to cook dinner"...wow, considerate. I don't have to cook it, but I have to go out and buy it instead.

Somebody shoot me now...

No comments: