Friday, May 18, 2007

argumentum ad captandum

I think I have been going about the process of redirecting my life the wrong way. I have said time and time again that I will cease to measure my life according to other's standards becasue by doing so, you fall victim to their judgement and criticisms. The truth is, there is no possible way to escape comparison.

It has always been easier to choose the common path...the path everyone takes. After all, a popular decision is a decision that will be least likely subject to opposition.

Instead of removing myself from the measures of society, why not take my journey off the beaten path instead? Trying to pursue honorable goals has never been my strong suit anyway...why not live my life in a different way, not necessarily being subvertive but taking more of a novel approach.

I have beenexposing myself to pressure that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I may be a bum right now, but I actually enjoy surfing the net the whole day and being able to blog at my desired pace. To be with my family all the time (okay, maybe not "all the time"...) and be able sleep when I feel like sleeping.

I wouldn't exactly call my life right now "off the beaten track" but it sure is a laid-back approach to being an abject failure.

Whatever...making the popular choice is for the weak. It's time to start blazing my own path, a path that can either lead me to overwhelming success or complete and total disaster. It doesn't matter any more...just like Frank said: "I did it my way."


No comments: