Monday, May 07, 2007

I got wood...

Not that kind PERVERT! It's literally raining splinters in our house. The macho guys upstairs (roof area) have started sawing plywood sheets to make the floors. Good thing is, by the same time next week, I'll prolly be able to go up there and see the progress for myself.

I'm currently hiding in my (soon to be) room with my sister. We have the AC at full blast so she could sleep. I was a good wench this morning feeding the guys and making sure they're hydrated. So my parents are cutting me some slack right now.

I also got good news from Globe today. After my two year lock-in period, they've decided to give me more than 50% off of my monthly bill (flat rate/base amount only) which is actually a huge deal because my bill reaches the thousands easily each month. I'm glad for the thousand sumthin-sumthin that I'll be saving. Which means...it's time to buy a new phone!!! I'm scoping the market for the usual types of phone I like, smartphones, touch screens, mobile PCs...and a clamshell here and there.

I'm done with my V3x...HUGE MISTAKE getting it. MY brother was only waaaay too happy to snatch my XDA Mini off my hands the moment he heard I was getting the V3x. Well, I had fun video calling everyone but that is as far as it goes. I miss full internet capabilities and puch email options. I'm currently looking at the Treo 750 (which Globe is willing to give me a discount on) or my beloved O2 brand's XDA Zinc or XDA Atom life. Also, I'm entertaining other possibilities since I'll be switching to Mac soon and these Windows Mobile powered devices won't hack it...call me old fashioned but I want my gadgetry coming from the same banner. I'm just hoping the Apple iPhone makes its asian debut soon. (Yeah right...) But I still have other options...a Palm powered Treo maybe? Or a Blackberry? (way too white-collar corporate for me!)

Well...whatever. I might decide to just postpone for a couple of months to see what comes up next.


No comments: