Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Augustana...their time has come

Piano Rock...well...ummm...ROCKS!!!

My boys from Greenville, Illinois have finally arrived! I really appreciate the presence of bands such as The Fray, Snow Patrol, Keane, Coldplay, and Augustana. Their music tugs at your heartstrings and you find yourself warped into their melancholy mindset.

I've been following this band for a couple of years now and I'm surprised that they're just getting their just desserts recently. In celebration of their success, I'm posting their first album, which they released before they got signed by Epic Records. The album is entitled "Midwest Skies and Sleepless Mondays" and features ten of the most heartfelt tracks I've ever heard (think "Daphne Loves Derby") and it has become a staple in my iPod. It's actually racked a formidable play count which, I'm sure, will be followed by their recent release "All The Stars and Boulevards.

Their first album should be up in a couple of minutes for my contacts. I really urge you guys to listen to their music. If you like it, head on to iTunes to purchase "All The Stars and Boulevards" to support the band. They only released 1,000 copies of the album I'm uploading so it's a real treat!

If you need more convincing, just watch this video. They recently performed this song, "Boston" in Ellen and Late Night with David Letterman.


No comments: