Monday, June 25, 2007

some things are better left unsaid...

Wow! Ten days of blogless existence...I never thought I could go that long. I found myself at a loss these past days. I had nothing to share. Sure there was a lot of content I could share with everyone but the need to reach out and communicate wasn't there.

All around the world Pride Marches were happening but I wasn't even slightly interested. I've gotten gigabytes worth of music but still, no compelling need to broadcast and share. Definitely a weird week...

Not that there's a huge gaping hole in my being right now...it's just that I've been pretty "preoccupied" with goings-on in my own life.My brother and his wife arrived last Friday as scheduled which pretty much meant I had another fresh bottle of perfume to add to the collection. Honestly, I was hoping he'd come home with a new laptop but it's ok. I kinda knew it wasnigh impossible...I mean after the huge expenses covering the house and everything. Oh! And the house! The new floor is finished and my sister and my brother now have new rooms. Bad news is, my room was left in shambles (read this: UNINHABITABLE) and it seems there's no pressing need to fix it...and people say I'm the "favorite"...idiots!

For those concerned, I think it's quite obvious that I've kept mum about the whole "me leaving and all" schtik. YES...the answer is YES...I am leaving after all. It might be a little later as was originally planned. I'm not leaving with my brother on the first...yeah, he's only staying a week. Due to some problems concerning my passport, I still have to wait a few more weeks.

My brother also told me to apply for an employment pass that's good for (get this) ONE YEAR!!! WTF?!?!?! I think he plans on having me cook for him and do his laundry for a whole year! The good news is, I'll be there in time for January when the companies usually hold massive hirings. Also, we already checked a few companies and we already have a list of jobs I might want to consider. The best part of this whole ordeal is, I discovered that my brother actually gives a damn. We saw multiple job listings that I'm qualified for, except the whole "2-5 years experience" part but he told me to pick out positions from a list of departments. I was dumbfounded at first but I later discovered that he knew the managers in those departments and he could actually get me the job without much preamble...NICE!!!

He's also quite adamant that I try to get into his functional group first. That way, he could keep an eye on me and no one would give me much grief lest they incur the wrath of my brother...who happens to be quite the higher-up. So it's nice to know some people give a shit about my future. All that remains is to get new luggage (I want really chic bags) and a few semi-formal to formal outfits and I'm gone.

I might not be able to post much in the following weeks but I'll try to update my friends as much as possible.

No comments: