Friday, June 01, 2007

the here and now...

I got really heavy news earlier. Van, my trusty Intel insider, informed me that apparently, salary offers were going to be given to candidates that have been identified for the positions I applied for. Since I didn't get a call from Intel telling me to report to the factory and bring my shiny pen to sign my contract, it is only logical to assume that I did not get the job.

This also means that I really am leaving the country...for two months at least. Edissa, my brother's wife, coincidentally was here when I got the news from Van. Edissa was packing her bags for her short trip to Singapore to fetch her PR papers. It is safe to assume then that by around 7 PM tonight, my brother would be aware of the news.

My mind is now in overdrive.

I'm thinking about what I'll do with my long hair.

Should I keep my piercings?

I should probably try to lose as much weight as I can before July...

I'm going to buy new slacks and long-sleeved crisp polos, lots of polo shirts...proper shoes.

I wish I could be one of the characters I read in books. You know? When something dreadful happens they just go on auto-pilot? I can't do that. I have to think of everything I have to do between now and July.

No comments: