Monday, March 12, 2007

convergence...

Don't you just love how some things in our lives are inter-connected? And isn't it better when things are compatible enough, giving you a fluid feel? Well, it seems that even the tech world is getting smaller and smaller!

It is painfully obvious (if you've seen my past tech related posts) that I am a HUGE fan of Google! I'm into Google search, GMail, Google Reader, Google Earth, Blogger, and even Picasa2! I'm also a fan of how the smart people at Google labs are making it possible to link up most of these different technologies. Now, I can even share my RSS and Atom feeds with you guys ergo the new nifty "widget-y" link on the right side of my page. Also, some of you might have noticed how some of my newer posts contain links to Picasa2...which inadvertently happens when I post a picture directly from the Picasa2 application-NIFTY TRICK!!! Also, for those with GMail accounts (if you don't have one but WANT one-leave a comment with your email addie and I'll send you an invite) have you noticed that our mailboxes have been beefed up to 2.8 friggin Gigs worth of space?! Take that Yahoo! Mail! This of course comes with free pop access!! I'm beginning to sound like a used-cars salesman but I don't care! Even my Firefox browser works better with Google-y stuff. Totally cool!

Now, don't get me wrong. I actually like the Yahoo! stuff as well. With Flickr and other stuff but I just honestly think Google packs more "umph" in every thing it dishes out. While Windows is starting to look so stuck up with the release of Vista and the accompanying Vista-Exclusive crap they offer. This actually makes my decision to switch to Mac sound all the more reasonable.

Point is, make technology work for you. You have a wide variety to choose from, don't drown in it. Start your own convergence story just like mine.

No comments: