Saturday, March 10, 2007

just when I thought it could never happen...

First, let me apologize well in advance for any typos in this post. I'm currently having a hard time with my tummy. I'm hyper-acidic as hell right now.

The past few weeks, I've been a good boy and I have tried my best to help lower the electricity bill. Due, in large part, to the fact that I feel so guilty for leaving my laptop on for days on end downloading stuff off of the net. So I'd work with my sister in counting the time our air conditioning unit is turned on in our room. After eight consecutive hours, I'd turn it off and go to my parent's room to sleep there. This way, we have it turned on for less time and I also get to stay in an air-conditioned room for a longer period.

So, noble reasons aside, I've been sleeping in my parent's room for weeks now and I usually go there around midnight or a little later. I usually set up my downloads first before leaving my room. So I end up staying late with my dad and we watch late night news and feature specials on local channels. At first I hated this nightly ritual since I abhor watching anything local for the fear of making myself go dumb but for the past few days, I find myself interested in the news. This is probably due to the fact that everything I see is about the election. More surprisingly so, my dad and I actually end up having interesting conversations, although I still argue with him a lot, for the meanwhile, we argue about something significant.

Since it's my sister's off today, I'm here in my room. I can't help but think that maybe there are such things as second chances. The real question becomes: am I willing to gamble on that second chance when I have lived so long not having a proper relationship with my father?

No comments: