Monday, April 30, 2007

from sad to happy and back...

I'm talking about music here...

I was riding on the whole emo bandwagon the past couple of years. All that of course, was very much because of Ardex, my friend. He was all into giving me music and burning CDs for me left and right. He's really special like that. He was also the guy who introduced me to The Get Up Kids and Daphne Loves Derby and for that I'm sooo grateful.

At the beginning of this year though, I pulled a 360 and started pumping out dance hits left and right. I can't say my Sennheiser's have seen as much action compared to this year. Plus, there's the new Scissor Sisters album...not Ta-Dah, the unreleased one and of course, who can forget the adorable giant, Mika.

I've changed my tastes again these past few days. I'm getting back to the whole Indie scene and I've been a busy-busy bee getting albums of the iTunes store left and right. I've reconnected with Switchfoot (I know, not entirely Indie...but once upon a time...) and other cool bands like Anberlin, Eisley, Emery, Saosin, Circa Survive, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Guster and Under0ath...to name a few. I'm also treading the thin line between indie rock and Christian rock (although the line gets more blurred with each passing day) with reckless abandon. Seems like a lot of the new up and comers just happen to be full of faith (to say the least) but they definitely sound great. I'm also crushing on Jimmy Eat World again although I'm still hurt that they abandoned the whole emo scene, but the scene's still healthy. With replacements like Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional et al, who could go wrong right?

Like I said...I'm happily sad right now...


No comments: