Tuesday, April 24, 2007

abortion is terrorism, gay marriage is evil according to the Vatican...

My questions and lack of faith are getting compunded each day I live. This latest news from the Vatican is not exactly "news" and I actually agree with a few things, but the statement doesn't help me at all.

Archbishop Angelo Amato, the Vatican's second-highest
ranking doctrinal official, released a statement last Monday. He forcefully branded
homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and
euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face."

This comes after a volley of comments from Vatican officials including Pope Benedict in response to the prospect of Italy giving more rights to gay people.

In his address to chaplains, Amato even bombs the media comes across as "a perverse film about
evil." He referred to "evils that remain almost invisible"
because the media presented them as "expression of human
progress." He could very well be referring to the continued progress of gay rights around the world.

I agree with Gay Rights activists when they say that the Church is muscling its way into the law making process again. I really believe that the Church should be kept away from any semblance of the government.

Click HERE for the entire article via Reuters.

This only strengthens my resolve: "I can be a Christian without being a Roman Catholic..."


No comments: