Thursday, April 12, 2007

sun, song and spirit...

I'm off to Quezon today with the family. We're going to Lucban to climb the "Kamay ni Hesus" and then it's off to a nearby resort for a little aquatic fun! I've already packed a few hours earlier and I made sure to prepare extra stuff because my little cousin who celebrated his birthday yesterday (the 12th) is coming with us!

I packed my sunscreen, my favorite sunnies, and other essentials. Food is covered as well becasue I've already prepared sandwiches for the trip and popped lots of Gatorade in the freezer! I'm seriously stoked to catch some rays and get out of crowded Manila again.

In the meanwhile, I have Mika's "Love Today" looping in iTunes. It matches my mood and it's keeping me more perked up than an eight year old on crack! I also prepared a roadtrip album of sorts. Filling the iPod with indie tunes perfect for a long drive. Staples like The Dandy Warhols, Death Cab for Cutie, Feeder and Kasabian are a given but I threw in a lot more emo bands than I originally planned. The playlist is drowning in Daphny Loves Derby, Anberlin, Copeland, Emery, Finch, Guster, Mae, Stone Sour, The Fray, Snowpatrol, Tonic and I added Dishwalla, Muse, LostProphets and Gin Blossoms for safe measure. Of course I have Mika and the Scissor Sisters ready for drowsy moments pumped with Hard House tracks!

We'll be meeting up with Edissa in Quezon. She's a damn good cook so I have no doubt we'll be well fed!


No comments: