Tuesday, February 20, 2007

one blatant shoutout and a tech update as well...

I was into my favorite hobby the entire day. To make sure my working friends don't get a decent chance to do their duties!!! The wonders of instant messaging allow me to annoy my closest friends. One of which is my college best friend Mich!

Working in a tech firm, she doesn't have that much access to the worldwide web. Although you can always find her lurking inside YM! Suffice to say, she doesn't read my blog (me=hurt!) and apparently she had a good excuse. She couldn't open the blogger and multiply websites! Yikes!

So, being the self-confessed web addict that I was, I decided to find a way to let her see my blog (vested interest? nah, just being helpful) at any cost! (Insert tech update here) So I shared one of my latest discoveries. Although Google Reader isn't exactly THAT new (webspeak: out of Beta) and probably was introduced shortly after RSS became widespread, I just began using it these past few weeks. So I told Mich to go into the Google Reader site (to which she didn't know that her GMail account would work...) and just subscribe to my blog's RSS feed.

I got her set up quickly and dare I say without too much difficulty. She began her assault on my blog, even taking time to digest the older entries. This is when she actually informed me of a little known fact...SHE WASN'T MENTIONED "PERSONALLY" IN ANY OF MY POSTS!!! Which, she surprisingly found insulting. Hahahahahaha.

So here I am, hitting (the proverbial) two birds with one stone!

No comments: