Monday, February 19, 2007

true colors...

My family lives with a perky, upbeat person who is, unfortunately, high maintenance at times. My friends (y'know, people you hang out with) see me as the all-smiles type of person who doesn't know a whole lot about being street smart. My coworkers interact with a friendly Jowee everyday. Someone who's game for anything, whose zeal for camaraderie greatly outweighs even company policies. This, in general, is the Jowee that they see:



However, it was brought to my attention just a few hours ago how dual I can get. Edissa (my brother's wife, remember?) and I had this unexpected (to say the least) chat (via YM) earlier. It seems, that in my desire to have people read my blog again, I inadvertently opened my blog to my family - a big "NO-NO" for me ever since I started this. Well, it's not my paranoia that I'm getting at right now. I was actually surprised by how close she got to the truth. I wasn't alarmed (yeah right!) or anything. It just got me thinking how much of an airhead I must appear to be in public.

Although this idea brings a smile to my face, (after all, who doesn't enjoy playing the part of a common place jester?) it doesn't sit well with me that I am probably conveying an almost Schizophrenic-like exterior. In a world where privacy is becoming a rare commodity, would you be willing to sacrifice your public facade? It seems that I have stumbled upon another one of life's stupid enigmas.

"Which is the real me?", I now ask...does anyone really know? Even I don't...

No comments: